Mediation is your opportunity to get your dispute sorted for once and for all. This requires you to :
- Be prepared to tell your story and not leave it to the lawyers.
- Have the authority to negotiate the deal or an immediate method of communicating with the person who does.
- Be clear and confident about your best and worst alternatives to settling at the mediation.
- Be prepared to listen and work collaboratively to reach a joint solution.
- Employ a legal team and advisers that understand and are supporters of the mediation process